First Tee — Fort Worth’s complete Life Skills programming is offered year-round at golf courses across our region, including our flagship location at The Ben Hogan Learning Center, Squaw Creek and other local facilities. From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee’s Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace level.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Check Out What Programs are Available Near You!
2021 Life Skills Experience Class & Camp Schedule
Life Skills Experience classes are offered at every location on various days. Classes are held once a week for 8-weeks of programming with a 9th week for certification. Camps are held Monday-Friday during Spring Break and for nine weeks in the summer at various locations.
|Winter Session||January 9th – March 11th|
|Spring Break Camp||March 15th – 19th|
|Spring Session||March 20th – May 21st|
|Summer Session||June 12th – August 20th (tentative)|
|Summer Camps||June 14th – August 20th (tentative)|
|Fall Session||September 7th – November 6th|