Welcome to The First Tee of Fort Worth Online Curriculum
We are providing our signature Life Skills Curriculum online through Google Classroom. For 8 weeks, participants will be able to log in and participate in virtual classes taught by coaches from The First Tee of Fort Worth. Participants will have the opportunity to engage and learn in the following ways:
- Through instructional videos covering the Nine Core Values, golf skills, golf rules and healthy lifestyle habits.
- Playing interactive games that will help participants have a better understanding of the weeks core lesson.
- Take quizzes to test their knowledge. Quizzes can be taken unlimited times.
- Prepare videos of their own to show how they are applying the core lesson, Nine Core Values, Nine Healthy Habits and golf skills.
- Compete with participants within the chapter through online games covering various topics.
Participation in these activities is voluntary and there is no charge. Participants can earn up to 1.5 hours each week in credit towards certification into their next level.
To participate in online classes, you must register for the session. You will receive your class code prior to classes starting.
how it works
Sign in for the first time
- Go to classroom.google.com, click Go to Classroom or choose and existing account (You may not be able to use the same account that you use for your school).
- Enter your username and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- Click Get Started.
- Click the + sign in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Join class.
- Enter your class code from the list below.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical issues you may have.
Summer Life Skills Experience Classes
Junior Links x2mcgdg
- Log into Google Classroom or Create your free account.
- Enter your class code to get connected.
- Familiarize yourself with the various tabs.
- Stream – View messages from your coaches
- Classwork – Links to instructional videos, assignments, games and quizzes will be found here. You also access the class drive from here to upload your videos each week.
- People – See who your coaches and fellow students are.
- Grades – See how you did on assignments and quizzes.
- Go to your stream and watch the welcome video from your coaches.
- Upload an introductory video introducing yourself to your coach. Include the following:
- Grade in School
- Favorite thing about golf
- Check back each day for a game, pop-quiz or activity to participate in (no pressure).
- View instructional video from your coach describing the core lesson for the week. Videos will include the core lesson, a Nine Core Value, a golf skill, a golf rule and a healthy habit. Just like in our regular classes.
- Participate in the posted activity. Activities will be interactive and will help participants to master the concepts being taught that week.
- Quiz Time! Take a short quiz over the core lesson to see what you’ve learned! Continue to take the quiz until you get a 100.
- It’s your turn. Create and upload a video showing how you are applying one of the concepts in the core lesson (Nine Core Values, healthy habit or golf skill).
- Videos should be uploaded into the classroom drive. More instructions will be provided by your coach each week.
- Fun Quiz Friday! Take a quiz or compete with others in Kahoot! about topics like golf history, First Tee fun facts, how well do you know your coach and much more!